MAGDALENA SPASOWICZ (1927)
Studied painting under prof. Jan Cybis and graphic arts with prof. Tadeusz Kulisiewicz at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw. She received her diploma in 1953. Her works have been presented in numerous exhibitions in Poland and abroad, among others in Warsaw, London, New York, Bratislava, Washington, Moscow, Berlin, Budapest, and are to be found in private and public collections around the world. In 2017 two individual exhibition of the artists took place - at the Regional Museum in Kozienice Palace and at the Museum of Western Mazowsze in Zyrardow.
Magdalena Spasowicz has been spending every single moment on painting for many years now. Most of her paintings are monochromatically coloured landscapes, of places where eye cheers soul with a sight close to heart, known and well remembered. French painting of Pissarro and Utrillo has been a very important inspiration for Magdalena Spasowicz. A desire to still-frame every moment when the artist meets Nature and beloved places is an imperative, which obliges to come back to canvas and paint, paint with a total devotion.
The artistry of the places represented in the paintings of Magdalena Spasowicz lies deeper, hides itself in emotions. The artist sacrifices her time and attention to them and in a way consecrates them at the same time.